Saturday, January 31, 2009

Heading Home

Its after midnight here and our van comes in just a couple of hours to take us to the airport.  We're going to sleep a bit and then head out.  This trip has been amazing.  The Lord met us here.  Our hearts are full of the joy of the Lord yet burdened to do still more.

There is so much to take in and the theme of this trip has been to leave with the answer to the question "what now"?  Each of us have a clearer picture of what that is and we're excited to share them here individually when we get home.  Blogging by email with difficulty posting pictures can get frustrating.  Once we get settled and love on our families a bit we'll all be posting.  :)

We've seen sadness and despair yet among all of that we've seen so much hope.  To watch the street children eagerly wanting to learn about Christ, to build relationships with them, and just to love on them has blessed me more then I feel I've done for any one of them.  This country has something I pray I bring back with me.  True Happiness despite the circumstances.  I do need Africa more then Africa needs me.  I believe that more and more.

Thank you for your prayers and support.  Rachael, Sarah and I are all well - continue to pray we remain that way for our 30 hour journey home.

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the
author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Hebrews 12:2

--
Erica
"Life is change. Growth is optional. Choose wisely."

3 comments:

  1. Praying for safe travels and happy reunions. You were missed dearly friends, and we eagerly await your stories and testimonies. You have stirred a yearning in my heart, and I hope to one day walk the roads you have been on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for you all. What an awesome blessing to be able share in your journey. Can't wait to see the pictures and hear all the stories. I know what you mean about needing Africa more than Africa needs me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels and God's blessings to you and all the people you have touched. I can't believe you are on the way home already.... can't wait to read/see more about it. Africa seems to just sink into you and touch the very deepest corners of your soul. At least that is what it seems to do to me. Thanks for sharing with us all.

    ReplyDelete